1. Processing of Metals and Alloys: A) from casting to electron beam melting and plasma; morphologies and solidification defects ; rapid solidification ; manufacture of alloys, amalgams , B) forging , rolling , extrusion , C) Finishing techniques ; D) Processing parameters on the macro -micro - and nano - structures.
2. Processing of Ceramics and Glass: the powder characteristics: shape, size and structure; wet conformation : mixtures ceramic slurry with water and polymers; forming porous walls mold; injection and extrusion; sol-gel; dry powder conformation: the role of pressing on the final properties; sintering process.
3. Processing of Polymers: preparation of raw materials; tube extrusion and film, calendering; injection molding , compression and blow molding , molding with the reaction.
4. Processing of Composites : pultrusion , resin transfer molding , filament winding ; infiltration.
5. Processing of Biological materials: collagen; biological modification of surfaces.
Bibliography of reference
- Introduction to Materials Engineering and Science, Brian S. Mitchell, Wiley-Interscience, 2004
- Metals and Materials, R.E.Smallman and R.J: Bishop, Butterrworth Heinemann, 1995
- Materials Selector, N.A. Waterman and F. Sabih, Elsevier, 1991.