1. Geometrical Optics: thick lenses; matrix analysis of optical systems; the theory of Seidel aberrations ; computational analysis of optical systems.
2. Waves: 1, 2 and 3D progressive waves ; superposition of waves; 2D and 3D standing waves; wave packets; group velocity.
3. Electromagnetic waves: dispersive optical media; polarization of light; birefringence; Fresnel equations.
4. Interference and Interferometry: dielectric films; interference by multiple reflection; Michelson interferometer;
5. Fraunhofer diffraction and Fresnel Diffraction.
6. Fiber optics, lasers and holography: analysis of the physical concept and applications.
Bibliography of reference
1. E. Hecht, "Óptica", Ed. C. Gulbenkian;
2. F. L. Pedrotti, L. S. Pedrotti, "Introduction to Optics", 1992;
3. M. Ferreira, "Óptica e Fotónica", Lidel, 2003;
4. A. P. French, "Vibrations and Waves"
5. "Física Experimental: uma introdução", C. Abreu et al.,