The library of the Physics Department is one the most complete of the country, both due to the quantity and the quality of its collections (about 17 000 books plus 950 periodicals).
It covers mainly Phyiscs, but has many works on Mathematics, Astronomy, Chemistry, Education, etc.
Its origin can be traced back to 1852, following the reorganization of the old library of the Faculty of Philosophy.
The Physics Library is open to faculty, the researchers and the students no only of the Department of Physics but also of other similar institutions.
The documents are organized in four areas, according to the centuries: XVIII, XIX, XX and XXI, plus the periodic publications. The oldest books are at the Museum, but can be available for consultation.
The library is located at the 3rd floor of the Physics Department (door F16), as has free access,
(see the opening hours).